MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Are you ready for a rewarding career developing innovative solutions as part of a fun, energetic, and collaborative team? Are you looking for an exciting challenge to work with interesting technologies such as Docker and the opportunity to introduce new technologies that will improve our current infrastructure?
This role is perfect for a developer who is passionate about the things they create and comfortable with object-oriented design. Candidates should have a desire to learn and understand cutting-edge technologies to their core and have strong problem-solving skills.
Our technology stack:
• Java/Spring Framework
• Oracle/Microsoft SQL
Energize your career and supercharge your future! Apply with MDU Resources Group, Inc as a Software Developer - Web Developer!
Interface with users to meet the business operational needs through the use of technology. Study existing business functions and system applications in order to design, develop and implement the data structures, programs and documentation necessary to automate and enhance the companies’ business processes. Support the development of the essential core design of features meeting the needs across various applications throughout the organization. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
1. Work independently with clients and consultants on traditional maintenance and enhancement tasks and/or as part of a team of developers on major projects.
2. Review, analyze, evaluate, and document requested modification to existing and new business processes and system applications. Assist senior staff members or project leads in the study of feasibility and cost effectiveness of proposed enhancements.
3. Provides production support to address application errors encountered during processing. Such support may require on-call duties extending beyond normal business hours. On-call duties are shared with other team members on a rotating basis as determined by the manager.
4. Participates in software development activities as well as guides activities of other staff members; develops test plans, test data and documentation. Performs required testing to ensure the system functions in accordance with the business requirements established by the user.
5. Develop program specifications and provide direction through all phases of the software development life cycle for a project team consisting of software developers, systems analysts, users and consultants.
6. Responsible for identification, development, implementation, maintenance, and integration of data security measures.
7. Keep abreast of emerging technologies related to assigned areas of responsibility and seek ways to improve application processing efficiencies.
8. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
Specific job responsibilities may vary.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field or equivalent experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements include:
Software Developer I: Two years of professional experience that includes relevant development tools and business analysis review in areas of system design and application development.
Software Developer II: Four years of Information Technology experience with proven record of increasing work responsibility, effective analysis and project management.
Software Developer Sr: Six years of Information Technology experience with proven record of increasing work responsibility, effective analysis and project management. Requires leadership, independent judgement and creative thinking.
• May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge in Web Services, Java Script, Java, C#, .Net, MVC, HTML, CSS, SQL, Node.js, React, Angular
• Java Script: jQuery, Angular, React, Vue.js
• Cloud Technologies: Azure, AWS, Firebase
• NoSQL: MongoDB, Cosmos DB
• Java (preferred), C#, or similar
• Web services: SOAP, REST, Apache CXF
• Database and SQL query experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server
• Spring framework, MVC, Node.js
• Enterprise service bus: Spring Integration, Apache Camel, JMS
• Developer tools: GIT, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Bamboo, CI/CD, Docker
• Good written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in one or more business applications.
• Experience in software design and development in a business environment.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com