MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Development and Integrations team is looking for a fun, energetic, collaborative technical professional to join us in a fast-paced work environment. This position will have a focus in state Java. Position focus also includes Web Services and Message Queues.
This role is perfect for a developer who is passionate about the things they create and comfortable with object oriented design. The successful candidate will have a desire to learn and understand cutting-edge technologies to their core and have strong problem-solving skills. You will get experience with interesting technologies such as Docker and be given the opportunity to introduce new ones that will improve the current infrastructure.
Our technology stack:
• Java/Spring Framework
• Oracle/Microsoft SQL
• Rabbit MQ/Websphere MQ
• Pursuing Cloud Based ESB solutions
Software Developer Associate: Requires a working knowledge of computer programming normally acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in computer science, information technology (IT) or related field or equivalent experience.
Additional Minimum Qualifications include:
Software Developer I: In addition to degree or equivalent experience noted above, two years of professional experience that includes relevant development tools along with system design and application development.
Software Developer II: In addition to degree or equivalent experience noted above, four years of of Information Technology experience with proven record of increasing work responsibility, effective analysis and project management.
Software Developer Sr: In addition to degree or equivalent experience noted above, six years of Information Technology experience with proven record of increasing work responsibility, effective analysis and project management. Requires leadership, independent judgement and creative thinking.
Classification/level is dependent on experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Cloud Technologies: Azure, AWS, Firebase
• NoSQL: MongoDB, Cosmos DB
• Java (preferred)
• Web services: SOAP, REST, Apache CXF
• Database and SQL query experience in Oracle and/or SQL Server
• Spring framework, MVC, Node.js
• Enterprise service bus: Spring Integration, Apache Camel, JMS
• Developer tools: GIT, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Bamboo, CI/CD, Docker
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in one or more business applications.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Able to manage multiple priorities.
• Experience in software design and development in a business environment.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
• May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• May be required to participate in an on call rotation.
• If the need for unescorted access to security sensitive business locations and/or systems (i.e. Electric EMS system), must submit to periodic background checks.
Position location: Bismarck, ND or Boise, ID but may consider a remote location in the United State where MDU Resources is currently authorized to do business.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com