North Dakota State University
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Position Description & Details:
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at North Dakota State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, with appointment beginning on or after August 15, 2021.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish an externally funded research program, teach and mentor graduate students, and participate in teaching pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Biotechnology courses offered to professional pharmacy students. A highly competitive salary and a start-up package will be provided commensurate with the rank, qualifications and experience. Currently, the rapidly growing department has 14 faculty members, 30 doctoral students and 8 post-doctoral fellows/research associates, and participates in a NIH-funded ($11 million) Center of Biomedical Research Excellence in Pancreatic Cancer. Fargo is a growing city with renowned organizations such as Sanford Health, Microsoft Corp., and Deere & Company (John Deere). Additional information about the Department and University can be obtained at www.ndsu.edu/pharmacy/
Commensurate on experience
Applicant Materials Required:
Application deadline is January 31st, 2021, or thereafter until the position is filled. To apply, submit electronically CV, description of research interests and future plans, statement of teaching philosophy, and names and contact information of three references, to https://www.ndsu.edu/employment/
For further information please contact: Dr. Venkatachalem, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, e-mail: S.Venkatachalem@ndsu.edu or 701-231-6371.
NDSU is an equal opportunity institution. Women and traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package with includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
1) hold a doctoral degree in Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics, pharmaceutical Biotechnology or closely related field,
2) have at least two years of postdoctoral experience with a strong record of scholarship
3) possess good interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills
1) training and research expertise in broad aspects of Pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Biotechnology with scientific interest in drug delivery, biopharmaceutics, vaccine and antibodies, or related research areas that complement existing departmental strengths
2) a documented track record of success in obtaining extramural funding and/or current funding as principal investigator
3) prior experience in teaching and/or mentoring either graduate students and/or healthcare professional students.