Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Analyzes data and evaluates effectiveness of cathodic protection and corrosion control systems and initiates maintenance, replacements, or enhancements when necessary. Responsible for the site preparation, project coordination and installation of engineered cathodic protection systems. May participate in the design of new corrosion control systems. Performs field operations and maintenance of the Company’s cathodic protection and corrosion control systems. Oversees cathodic protection and/or general corrosion surveillance by district personnel to ensure compliance with Company’s operation and maintenance policies and state and federal codes. Directly participates in facility surveillance and direct assessment/data collection. Applies cathodic protection techniques to solve problems with minimal supervision.
Level I: Requires a working knowledge of gas infrastructure in a gas distribution system at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year technical degree and two years’ experience in utility operations or the cathodic protection/corrosion field. Must hold or successfully complete NACE Cathodic Protection Tester (CP level 1) certification within one year.
Level II: Must meet education and work experience of level I and be certified as a NACE Cathodic Protection Technician (CP level 2) and in addition, must have a minimum of two years of cathodic protection/corrosion field experience preferably in gas distribution corrosion control.
Must possess a working knowledge of gas infrastructure in a gas distribution system at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year technical degree and 5 years of related field experience and must obtain a NACE Cathodic Protection Tester (CP level 1) certification within 1 year and a NACE Cathodic Protection Technician (CP level 2) certification within 2 years.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in operation and use of personal computers and commercially available software.
• Must have strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated proficiency in documentation.
• Requires an innovative, resourceful individual with a “results oriented” approach to work.
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical).
• Prior engineering and/or cathodic protection experience at a natural gas utility or pipeline company.
• Prior experience with business application software such as GIS, Maximo and J.D.Edwards.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Extensive travel, up to 60% within utility service territory is required.
apply online at jobs.mdu.com
apply online at jobs.mdu.com