Burleigh County Human Resources
316 N 5th St, Ste 106, Bismarck, ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Under supervision of the department supervisor, perform duties related to legal secretary responsibilities, general clerical work and receptionist duties to include answering telephones, typing correspondence, greeting and directing the public, and work closely with Law Enforcement and other county agencies.
• Perform receptionist duties of answering phones, taking and delivering messages, process incoming and outgoing mail, and assist members of the public.
• Perform legal secretary work assisting members of the staff.
• Provide clerical assistance to staff to include typing, filing, word processing and documentation of dispositions, fingerprint checks, and other information.
• File legal documents and correspondence and record dispositions of criminal judgments.
• Process reports and citations, gather supporting documents, record dispositions and assist staff as needed.
• Perform other duties as required and assigned.
1. Requires a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED), one year of office support, clerical, or secretarial work experience. College coursework in an administrative support program with an emphasis in the legal field may substitute for the work experience requirement if it provides the knowledge and skills required to perform the duties of the position.
2. Preference will be given to applicants with legal office setting experience.
3. Knowledge and skills in the use of computers for data entry, reports and correspondence. Experience with Word preferred.
4. Requires a high degree of written and/or verbal communication skills dealing with employees, clients, or the general public, with the ability to handle multiple duties and priorities under limited supervision.