PO Box 6150, Dept 3140
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Position Description & Details:
The outreach and education manager plans, develops, and administers a statewide public outreach and education program for the agency. Outreach duties include serving as agency spokesperson and editor for printed and digital information. Coordinates with teams on special events, projects and outreach efforts. Education duties include coordinating and conducting forestry education programs and providing leadership with other educational agencies and organizations to improve North Dakota’s forest resource sustainability. The position also serves as the agency’s Public Information Officer for fire prevention messaging and during wildland fire emergencies. The office location for this position will be in Bismarck, North Dakota.
1. Assist the State Forester in advancing the mission of the North Dakota Forest Service.
2. Coordinate a statewide public outreach program for the agency.
3. Plan, develop, and administer a statewide forestry and natural resources education program for formal and informal educators, students, and for public events.
4. Coordinate or assist with the coordination of agency events.
5. Work safely.
6. Focus on providing exceptional service to internal and external customers through a professional and team-driven environment.
Work Schedule: 8:00-5:00 Monday through Friday
Advertised Salary: $46,520+ DOE
Applicant Materials Required: Cover letter and resume
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package with includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
* B.S. or B.A. degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Education, Business, Public Administration, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related field
* In addition to the formal education, one year of experience in public relations, marketing, natural history interpretation, extension service, forestry, natural resource management, or education
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Specialized subject knowledge of forestry, natural resources, education, business, marketing, public administration, communications, or public relations