MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
Provides first-level support for personal computer equipment, operating system software, and company-standard desktop applications for MDU Resources and its family of companies. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
1. Tend to the Help Desk according to established schedules including overtime hours as required and time periods that extend beyond the normal business hours of 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
2. Diagnose and resolve problems associated with company standard personal computer hardware and software for the employees of MDU Resources, including its divisions and subsidiaries.
3. Escalates issues as needed and works with Level 2 support to provide a resolution while maintaining call ownership to ensure incidents have been addressed.
4. Provides comprehensive verbal or written communications to resolve problems within established policies and procedures.
5. Document incident and resolution for future reference.
6. Develops and maintains appropriate documentation to be used for training and as a reference when key personnel are absent. Prepares reports as directed by management to monitor and manage the Help Desk function.
7. Installs, configures, and upgrades company standard personal computer software to operate in a stand-alone or networked environment at local and remote company locations, such as Intel-based personal computers and associated peripheral equipment, Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office products, and related software applications.
8. Attends technical training to remain abreast of new products and services.
9. Must be able to work as part of a team to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction.
Requires knowledge of information technology concepts at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year degree in computer science, information technology or related field, or three years’ experience supporting company standard hardware and software.
May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Position is located onsite at the MDU Resources Corporate Campus in Bismarck, ND
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com