Bismarck State College
PO Box 5587
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$30,000 - $49,999
OVERVIEW: Bismarck State College is dedicated to student success. This on campus position is student-centered to provide high quality campus services and hands-on learning experiences.
Is directly accountable to the Marketing and Creative Design Manager.
Responsible for conceptualizing and implementing design solutions that propel BSC marketing strategies.
Graphic design duties – 80%
1. Provide high-level graphic design creation to fully support the marketing objectives of the college while meeting production deadlines.
2. Serves as a creative collaborator within the department to convey internal and external communications and marketing messages.
3. Ensure proper branding on all BSC-produced materials and help to communicate the brand across various departments.
4. Conceptualize and implement design solutions (i.e., creative design, layout of printed materials and development of graphics) that support BSC marketing goals.
5. Present visual solutions to internal departments and communicate strategies behind design ideas and execution.
6. Create graphics for presentations and assist with the creation of digital graphics used in video.
7. Design and develop a wide variety of print pieces such as ads, digital media, annual reports, newsletters, magazines, brochures, fact sheets, posters, booklets, etc.
8. Design and develop graphics for the web.
9. Design department and program-specific materials as needed.
10. Provide input on the production of photographs, drawings, graphics, web graphics, animations, lectures, presentations, audio, and video as required.
Miscellaneous duties – 20%
11. Collaborate in Public Affairs meetings and offer recommendations in regard to processes, content, and design.
12. Review and enhance current systems of saving, maintaining, and organizing all materials produced by BSC Public Affairs.
13. Assist in office management, team collaboration and special projects.
14. Supports innovation, creativity, and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Continuously – 66-100% - Use hands dexterously, talk or hear.
• Frequently – 34-65% - Stand, walk, or sit.
• Occasionally – 1-33% - Reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop/kneel/crouch or lift up to 25 pounds.
1. Associate degree in graphic design, commercial art, or related discipline.
2. Knowledge of publication design principles, graphic design principles, and working knowledge of related development tools, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat).
3. Extensive knowledge of graphic design as a core function of a marketing department or agency.
4. Strong visual sense, with originality and creative flair.
5. Excellent computer software skills programs (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet, electronic calendar, and email, etc.) and in-depth online skills.
6. Able to work under pressure, pay attention to detail, balance work on several projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with diverse personalities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
2. Experience as a lead graphic designer or 3-5 year’s related experience.
3. Experience working in higher education.
4. Marketing experience.
5. Additional skills/experience in photography, animation, video production, web, and multimedia software.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)