MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
This position will focus on support of Organizational Development, Performance Management, Recruitment & Retention and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
Performs a variety of HR generalist functions at the professional level and carries out duties primarily in the following areas: recruiting, employee relations and organizational development. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
Senior HR Generalist:
Responsible for serving at a senior level in multiple functional areas of human resource management. In addition, researches and completes projects or provides services to the Company in all functional areas of human resource management including corporate strategy teams, policy development, employee and labor relations, learning and organizational development and HR administration. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
* Must possess working knowledge of business and human resource practices at a level normally acquired through completion of a four-year degree in business administration or human resources management or related field or equivalent experience; and
* Two years human resources experience.
Senior HR Generalist:
* Must have a good understanding of business practices and a working knowledge of all functional areas of strategic human resource management at a level normally acquired through completion of a four year degree in business administration or human resources management or related field or equivalent experience; and
* Four years of progressively responsible human resource experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
* Perceptive person with business acumen, excellent customer service skills, a broad understanding of human resources, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
* Knowledge of employment laws and regulations and working knowledge of employee benefit laws and regulations.
* Requires strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
* Strong human relations and communication skills, with ability to maintain confidentiality of employee information.
* This position requires a good understanding of employment law, staffing and statistical analysis techniques as well as a practical working knowledge of compensation and benefits, employee relations, communications and organizational development.
* Must be able to use discretion and judgment to handle most problems and make decisions and plan interpretations within company policy and department procedures.
* Must be sensitive to and understand company needs, employee goodwill and the public image.
* Two critical “must have” competencies are very strong influencing and persuasion skills along with political savvy.
* Proficient knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite applications and HRIS systems.
* May be required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
*Senior Human Resource Generalist must have Human Resources certification, or must be able to obtain certification within one year of attaining this position.
* Bachelor’s degree.
* Human resources certification.
* Familiar with HRIS such as JDE, UKG, UltiPro, etc.
* Performance Management and Mentor Program experience
* Organizational development certifications in programs like Crucial Conversations, Franklin Covey, DiSC, Change Management etc.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com