MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
The Network Administrator I/II handles administration, operation, and management of MDU Resources network and communications systems. This individual works closely with the Communications Team and Business Unit IT (Information Technology) staff in the support and implementation of MDU Resources IT functions; including, but not limited to network connectivity, network security, communications systems, firewalls, and maintenance activities associated with supported equipment.
The Network Engineer handles design, provisioning, testing, implementation, and management of the MDU Resources network communications systems in accordance with security frameworks. This individual works closely with all Enterprise Technology teams and Business Unit IT and Operational staff to ensure secure, reliable, and cost-effective access to the corporate Enterprise network.
All positions place safety as #1 priority in day-to-day work routine for self and others.
Requires knowledge of network administration at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, cyber security, or a related field.
Network Admin I:
• Two years of IT work experience supporting computer networks.
Network Admin II:
• Four years of IT work experience supporting computer networks.
• Six years’ experience implementing IT networks consisting of LANs, WANs, VPNs, routing protocols, telephony, and firewalls.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Experience supporting Local Area Network and Wide Area Network topologies, network and routing
protocols, IPv4/6, switches, firewalls, and Virtual Private Networks.
• Experience with server Operating Systems, network monitoring and management tools, network and
security hardware, Active Directory, and Virtualization.
• Familiarity with Help Desk ticket processes and ticket system.
• Exceptional teamwork and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple activities with changing priorities s
simultaneously to meet multiple deadlines.
• Excellent Skills in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, & Visio.
• Understanding of and ability to support confidentiality of all company information.
• Knowledge of cyber security controls and ability to integrate disaster recovery into network architecture.
• Ability to research & solve issues and exercise good judgment, with little or no supervision in high stress situations, when a failure occurs that effects a substantial part of the work force.
• Effective team building and strong leadership skills. Lead large projects and understand and correctly apply the details of an architectural design. Provide a lead role in a team environment and prioritize resources and needs.
• Certifications related to Network, Security, Hardware/Software, and Operating Systems
• Experience supporting connectivity within an Enterprise Data Center environment, IT Networks, Telephony, and Infrastructure in an Enterprise environment
• Experience deploying and supporting a primarily Cisco network environment.
• Experience deploying and maintaining IBGP and EBGP routing protocols.
• Experience supporting CMDB (Configuration Management Database).
• Experience supporting and maintaining network management and administrative applications.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com