MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Responsible for placing safety and security as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Supervise a team comprised of IT professionals, contractors and interns, that define, develop, and maintain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and related business systems within the organization. Activities of the team may include developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining a large system or project or several smaller systems or projects. Ensure that projects are conducted effectively, and recommendations and reports are accurate and timely. Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively, and that work schedules and targets are met. Consults with the Mgr, ERP & EAM on the study and design of applications.
1. Supervises, provides direction and mentoring through all phases of the software development life cycle
for a team consisting of self, internal IT professionals, interns, contract programmers, and consultants. Performs administration and control to effectively communicate status to management and stakeholders.
2. Plans and organizes the production support, ongoing maintenance and enhancements to the ERP and other related business systems.
3. Evaluates the final application design and schedules the programming staff assignments for the development phase.
4. Coordinates the implementation of new applications with the appropriate personnel and user groups.
5. Provides information, training, mentoring and counseling to plan and organize the workforce and assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
6. Performs all duties of a Senior Systems Analyst and Systems Architect, in addition to supervisor responsibilities.
7. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
• Must possess a knowledge of business systems, software development processes, and project management at a level normally acquired through the completion a of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
• Five years of progressive responsibility in the information technology field
Key Skills & Competencies
Key Skills & Competencies
• Must have demonstrated skills and expertise in key project management competencies
• Must have demonstrated technical skills in software development within ERP and other related systems.
• Must possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, supervisory, communication and problem-solving skills
* Must be able to manage multiple priorities, solve problems expediently, and motivate staff
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• May be required to maintain a valid driver's license.
• May be required to participate in an on-call rotation.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com