MDU Resources Group, Inc
1200 W Century Avenue
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
The successful incumbent will promote superior customer service through communication, delivery and administration of benefit programs to employees and retirees. Works closely with benefits staff and third party administrators to ensure benefit plans are operating smoothly. Gathers key plan data to support compliance, analyzes claims and other costs and recommends improvements to processes and for effective cost control.
Level II and III will have additional responsibilities in the design, operation, compliance, and administration of corporate benefit programs. Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing expertise to corporate and business unit human resources staff members to help achieve strategic benefit objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, accounting or related field; or
• Four years of benefits experience with group insurance (i.e. health and welfare or retirement benefit plans). The equivalent experience must include plan administration, conducting basic research on plan design changes, and assisting in the analysis of costs, trends and funding approaches.
Additionally, Level II requires two years in-depth benefits experience in welfare and qualified plans; and Level III five years in-depth employee benefits program management and compliance experience in welfare and qualified plans.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to persuade and influence others; ability to clearly communicate with employees at all levels of the organization and retirees.
• Strong customer service skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality and build and maintain solid internal and external relationships.
• Knowledge and application of statistical analysis techniques, benefits design and compliance with employee benefit laws and regulations.
• Must be a self-motivated, team player with excellent interpersonal skills and solid facilitation skills.
• Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with ability to manage a multitude of tasks and projects.
• Must demonstrate strong knowledge/experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excel experience should include use of formulas and descriptive statistic functions such as quartile, average, and standard deviation.
• Benefit accounting and/or payroll experience.
• HR Information System experience (preferably UltiPro/UKG) and benefits program management experience.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com