Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
400 N 4th St. Bismarck ND 58501
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$70,000 and above
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for the preparation and project coordination of engineering designs, economic justification and installation of electric distribution SCADA, Distribution Management System, Outage Management System and communication system components. Effectively works and interacts with regional and field operations. Provides support to engineering staff as needed.
This position will focus on working closely with other team members to provide day-to-day operation support for Distribution SCADA, Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), RTU configurations and related communication systems. Responsible for master station configuration and updates, and server and workstation support. Assist in Intelligent Electronic Device (IED) control programming and work with field Engineers to troubleshoot these devices.
Level I: Applies basic engineering techniques for entry-level assignments with review and guidance from a higher level.
Level II: Applies standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems. Moderate guidance and direction provided. Work is normally reviewed from a high level.
Level III: Applies a broad range of engineering skills and techniques, leads projects, and provides direction to lower level engineers.
Minimum Qualifications for All Levels:
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited University.
Additional Requirements for Level II: Two years related work experience.
Additional Requirements for Level III: Five years of progressively responsible experience and understanding in the energy industry including utility electric operations, maintenance, design, and project management.
• Moderate (25%) travel within service territory.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Ability to apply engineering principles to the development and design of the electric
• SCADA, RTU configurations and communications systems.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, correspond and interact with staff/management and field personnel.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Self motivated to be able to take the initiative to perform tasks to enhance department productivity.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to provide effective and timely information.
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
• Prior engineering experience in an electric utility including experience with SCADA.
• An EI (Engineering Intern) or an EIT (Engineering in Training) Certificate
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com