North Dakota University System
600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 215, Bismarck ND 58505
Web Site: (new browser window will open)
Job Listing URL: (new browser window will open)
$50,000 - $69,999
Reporting to the NDUS Chief Audit Executive (CAE), this position is responsible for advancing the internal audit function efficiency and effectiveness and acts as an independent objective assurance and consulting function designed to add value and improve the NDUS operations. The position operates in compliance with the IIA Standards and brings a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving governance, risk management and internal control to NDUS operations.
This position works with institutional management and operating personnel within the institutions of the NDUS.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other appropriate area from an accredited college or university
• At least two years of audit experience
• Strong analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication, and relationship-building skills
• Knowledge in auditing theory, standards, principles, and audit best practices
• Proficient use of Microsoft software (i.e., word, excel)
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or similar certification/designation
• Experience in a comparable position in a university or corporate environment
Applicants should apply online at https://cts.ndus.edu/about/careers/ and upload a cover letter specifically addressing the job qualifications, a current resume and names and email addresses of three professional references.
Applicants who are veterans and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 with the application for employment; claims for disabled veteran’s preference must include Form DD214 and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability; claims for preference as the eligible spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran must include Form DD214, a marriage certificate and a letter less than one year old from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating disability, or the veteran’s death certificate. Due to access to restricted information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and I-9 employment certification is required at hire. There is no sponsorship available for this position.
Persons who may need additional job information or may require accommodation or assistance with the application or interview process should contact Jane Grinde at (701) 328.4217, or e-mail email@example.com. TTY Number 1 800 366 6888.